206 WESTSIDE RD, HAMILTON, MT 59840
206 Westside RD
Hamilton, MT 59840
The Fetch Inn
Located conveniently close to town this 700+/- acre premier river ranch provides seclusion and recreation more readily available on remote ranch properties. This one-of-a-kind property is not encumbered by a conservation easement.
Hamilton, Ravalli County seat, is a mere five-minute drive from the main house and in fact, some of the ranch is adjacent to city water and sewer.
Hamilton is a full service community with an in city population of approximately 4500, but serves a larger area population of approximately 30,000. This historic town was settled by Marcus Daly, one of the Copper Kings, and has retained its original charm with quaint shops, restaurants and galleries. Hamilton is also home to a great little general aviation airport capable of landing corporate jets.
This beautiful stretch of land rolls out and up from the main Bitterroot River from an elevation of 3500 feet to roughly 3700 feet at the western edge. The Fetch Inn Ranch consists of approximately 700+/- acres in 7 parcels of which 200 acres can be irrigated. All irrigation equipment pertinent to this property is included in the purchase price. Irrigation water for the property comes from 22 water rights dating back to the 1800s. In addition, there are approximately 19 springs naturally occurring on the property.
The balance of the ground is pasture and riparian area. Taxes on the ranch are reasonable due to the Agriculture Exemption for the property. The ranch manager provides a great service in managing all agricultural and business aspects of the property.
Fishing and Water Features
The Fetch Inn Ranch boasts a mile and a half of the Bitterroot River, a river rife with possibilities for enjoyment. Wide enough to float and shallow enough to wade this river is fishable many months of
the year. Catch a 15” Cutthroat (maybe even a 19 or 20 inch!) in a river carrying roughly 1,000 trout per mile in its upper reaches. Browns and rainbows are also common in the waters around Hamilton.
The ranch also has three ponds; a reflection pond by the main house, an irrigation pond stocked with fish for your enjoyment and a wildlife pond.
The main house is approached by a Maple lined paved roadway which circles a reflection pond immediately in front of the house.
The house consists of approximately 5350 square feet (according to Ravalli County records) and was built in 1990. It was completely remodeled and up-dated by the current owners in an elegant but country motif suitable to Montana. The house has 3 bedrooms and 4 ½ baths.
Entering thru a massive 9 foot Alder door you are exposed to a grand vista of the Sapphire Mountain Range through panels of windows stretching from the great room into the formal dining room. A wood- burning fireplace of stacked stone is placed along the south wall of the great room. Circle sawn fir floors compliment the design along with niches for display of artwork.
Passing thru the dining room which will easily seat 14 for dinner we enter a well functioning and inviting kitchen outfitted with top appliances and two copper sinks.
The home boasts a large walk in pantry with extra fridge and “butler’s pantry” off of the dining room with a felt lined silver room. Also in this area you will find an office, powder room, and utility area.
Located at the southern end of the home is the large master bedroom with it’s own expanse of windows overlooking another pond, meadow and both the southern Bitterroot Mountains and the Sapphires. Included in this suite is the master bath with jetted tub, separate glass shower and large walk in closet with dressing table.
This main floor also includes two guest suites, each with private baths.
Downstairs you will find a family room with a wet bar and fireplace. Connected to this is a workout room with bath and steam shower.
Additional housing includes the “lodge” which is well set up for guests with Wolf range, fireplace and laundry facilities. This house has 5 bedrooms and 2 ½ baths and is very accommodating. It was built in 1986.
The “Old Blodgett House” contains 2 bedrooms and 1 bath as well as a full loft. Built in 1940, the house totals 1389 square feet. It has been updated and shows good care.
The third dwelling (built in 1955) contains 5 bedrooms and 2 baths.
Either of these two latter homes would serve well as a fine managers home.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate.